About Linda Barwick (PARADISEC)
Linda Barwick is a Senior Research Fellow at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music and Director of PARADISEC, the Pacific and Regional Archive for Digital Sources in Endangered Cultures. I've done fieldwork in Australia, Italy and the Philippines and I'm particularly interested in uses of digital technologies for extending access to research results by cultural heritage communities. I'm president of DELAMAN, the Digital Endangered Languages and Musics Archives Network (an umbrella body for collaboration between relevant archives and institutions worldwide), and I also work on the Murriny Patha Song Project. Other current projects include the Western Arnhem Land Song project, funded by the Hans Rausing Endangered Languages Program and the Iwaidja Project, funded by the Volkswagen Stiftung.
Linda Barwick's recent entries...
- Streaming access to transcribed media - from Nick Thieberger, University of Melbourne
- UNESCO's world day of audio-visual heritage
- Feast of indigenous song - Darwin
- i heart my windshield ;)
- 2006 ASRA conference this week "Listening"
- Updated Murriny Patha song website
- Indexing and managing song recordings for e-publication