« OC, Borrego Springs and LA | Blog home | Los Angeles Series: The Holiday »

I got an internship! Woohoo- no longer an intern-orphan! This week was the start of my internship at M&C Saatchi. I’m placed with Apple-extraordinaire Lee on the program who’s from WA and so far it’s been an amazing experience! M&C Saatchi are an awesome advertising agency who believe in ‘brutal simplicity’ as their driving philosophy. They are responsible for the Commonwealth ‘CAN’ in Sydney and in the US UGG Australia and the 'Where the Bloody Hell are You' campaign, just to name a few... It’s been great to see some real marketing in action! So far I’ve been spending time with the creative and social departments, doing cool things like helping out with creative briefs and attending photo-shoots. We’ve also been given our own little project (top secret for now) to work on and execute. It’s exactly the sort of internship I wanted! Yay!

Outside the M&C Saatchi Office... Lee insisted not to do a jumping photo, so of course we had to do a jumping photo.
1513267_604293222941845_1216028832_n

Last weekend we got to go to the happiest place on Earth... Disneyland!

Disney was so much fun, I think these shots explain it enough:

P1000199

P1000174

I’m a wuss when it comes to rides, so I didn’t do too many scary ones... My favourites were: Space Mountain, Cars, Indianna Jones and Pirates of the Carribean.

WARNING: do not go on ‘It’s a Small World’ unless you like listening to mash-ups of ‘Jingle Bells’ and ‘It’s a Small World’ for 40minutes! There’s no escape!!!

I spent the weekend just past back towards Borrego Springs, with some famiy friends doing a 100 mile bike ride in the Borrego Anza Desert. We were also lucky to have Monday off for Martin Luther King day, so of course I spent this day doing another 100 miles with a friend, as you do. I was pretty buggered by the end. It was a great day out though, and one new flavour of Clif Bar was consumed during that ride- Almond Black Cherry. Gets my thumbs up of approval! 17 flavours down, 3 to go.

Borrego Anza Desert:

Riding on the Pacific Coast Highway during the public holiday:
20140120_125402

Life is pretty hectic at the moment. We’ve had a few assignments due this week and I’ve barely had the time to juggle everything let alone write this blog. But I love being busy, and I’m having such a great time, meeting all sorts of interesting people. Tomorrow I’m going with UCLA Sports & Rec to Yosemite for the weekend. We’re camping... In tents. Not cabins. If I don’t make it back, it’s probably because I froze to death. Wish me luck.