« Confessions of a newbie | Blog home | Twenty twenty twenty four hours to go, I wanna be sedated »

The last few weeks of these holidays I’ve been enjoying my last vestiges of freedom; seeing crappy and overpriced movies (why oh why didn’t I read Cath’s post on Just Friends?), making money any way I can, having staring competitions with my bedroom wall… the usual.

The three-and-a-half month summer holiday system is magnificent, and has forced the HSC to become just a random collage of numbers and symbols from my past. However, my brain has started to turn slightly mushy and I can’t wait to launch into the new lifestyle and routine of Uni.

Somehow Sydney Uni’s O-Week has an incredible hype surrounding it, and I can’t help but be sucked in by the whirlwind of it all. I’m excited to see the 250 clubs and societies’ stalls, go on a library tour (I’ve been roped in by Simon, but it does seem sensible), and of course, enjoy all the free stuff and benefits of being a Sydney Uni student.

In the meantime, I’m trying to decide whether to walk or ride a bike to uni, weighing up the pros and cons of taking a laptop, and generally looking forward to the beginning of a new journey in this unknown abyss of tertiary education.

Now all this talk makes me think the Area of Study really did rub off on me…

Ahhh, four years on, the Area of Study continues to haunt me, also. Embrace it, that's all we can do. At least you didn't have to read Looking for Alibrandi, which I now have a strange affinity (read: obsession) with...

In other news, welcome to the blog!

Lauren

Hi this is Momo. I am a new student from japan.....
I have no idea what am I suppose to do at the enrolment!!! Please help me:(
Am I suppose to know exactly what I wanna take in the 1st yr?? Then,,,,I am in a deep trouble!!
hope to hear from you.

Hi Momo,
You do need to enrol in your units of studies so it is a good idea to check out the handbook for your faculty. You can do that online at www.usyd.edu.au/handbooks/

You can also contact your faculty directly for advice.

Hey Momo, don't stress, you do need to know what you want to do for this semester, but you can definitely change your units of study for the second.