« Adventures in Cornell #2 - "Put another shrimp on the barbie." | Blog home | Drownings in Cornell #3: "It worries me how dumb you are." »

With less than two months till the completion of my degree (arggghhh!) my mind is awash with decisions, choices & opportunities. This is one of those crucial turning points where your life changes forever. And if you are sitting at your desk procrastinating from study in post-trial exhaustion, then your position is not all that different from mine!
RIMG1783.jpg

On Saturday we (university students) rose at the crack of dawn to help around 15,000 of you (high school leavers) on your path to university at Sydney Uni LIVE!. It was a top day, with friendly advice, mini lectures & entertainment. But never fear, in case you didn’t make it I’ve documented what you missed for your visual pleasure!!!
RIMG1716.jpg
Things looked pretty wet and miserable from the high up in the Quad as we received our briefing....
RIMG1740.jpg
But fortunately the sun and the Scottish Dancing Society were out before long to cheer us up!
RIMG1754.jpg
These people checked out the lecture on primary education,
RIMG1769.jpg
While the rest of us cheered on the high school vs. uni debate back in the Quad,
RIMG1776.jpg
and I snuggled up to the Union's mascot - I think he likes me ;)
RIMG1773.jpg
and no one got sick of the view!!

If you did miss out on the info packed day & are finding yourself as confused as I am with the choices then there’s a few things you can do. The Information Day will be held on 3rd Jan next year, but if you can’t wait till then register online to receive more info, call the Helpline on 1300 362 006, email a student, or just ask me! Yes I am a real person sitting here waiting (and wishing, and hoping...) for your comments ;)

(Editor's note: check out more photos of Sydney Uni LIVE! and the Uni in general on Flickr).

I think the mascot does like you! The photos are so wonderful Davina, what camera did you use? The quality is just *WOW*!

And I can't believe uni's got a flickr. So hip to the jiggy.

I agree with Courtney--those photos are amazing! The debate was terrific, and the mascot is sooooo cute! I thought he was photoshopped onto the uni diary but apparently not.

Awww thanks ladies, I swear the photos took themselves though, just one of those snappy happy digital numbers! As for the mascot... don't make me blush!