« Uni outside the box | Main | A bowling alley, golf course, ice skating rink and cinema on campus. University or theme park? »

This university is enormous. It has also one of the most beautiful campuses in America…but I’ll let you judge based on the pictures.

DSCN0211-chico.JPG

It has been a nightmare to find my way around uni, but the upside is that I have made friends while asking for directions. I have also met people from different parts of the world during the international exchange orientation (some people from France, Austria, Switzerland, England, Mexico, the Netherlands and a good number of Australians).

PICT1783.JPG

DSCN0229.JPG

Just to give you an idea of how big the campus is, I have to catch a bus to get some of my classes (which also gives you an idea of how lazy I am).

Cornell has two creeks running along the campus and they have some beautiful waterfalls. Some things to do around here include: jumping off the Sacket foot-bridge into the water (which is forbidden and I will never ever do it), enjoying a live chime concert at the McGraw tower (the repertoire includes Beach Boys, Queen, Disney songs and anything you can imagine), going to the fruit market in front of the Cayuga lake (you can actually get to the market by kayak) and eating Cornell made ice-cream (which includes a new student-created flavour every year).

DSCN0249.JPG

Now a completely different thing I would like to share. Just before I came to Cornell I spent some time back home (Lima-Peru) and my dog brought nine puppies to the world…Here’s the video!

I will keep you updated with everything that is happening up here, feel free to leave some comments or questions!

Cornell sounds awesome!

And wow - look at those puppies go!

señor editor, lo felicito por su pagina.
la universidad esta muy buena, se ve inmensa (huge)
jajaja. parece hogwards, deberias tomarte fotos como harry potter.
bueno por ahora eso es todo.
ya recibirá más omentarios mios más adelante.
p.d. seguiremos en contacto, a ver si un dia de estos hacemos "click" jajaja

Hey bro, soy tu amigo de billar de Sídney.
The campus looks amazing, straight out of a Disney movie, i’ll be happy to take your place if you get sick of it. Good to hear you’re settling in well in Los Estados Unidos. Looking forward to reading your entries and don’t worry, tu ingles es buena

WOW! that waterfall creek thing!! what an amazing campus!

Hi Roey Rod. Cornell looks fab and it sounds like you're having a great time - kayaking to a market - what next! enjoy yourself and keep up the stories - we love them! Cheers Jas

Hi all! Thanks for your comments, I will be updating the blog as soon as I finish the insane amount of reading I've got to do! I guess you could say: "Welcome to Cornell!"

It really is an amazing campus. I would love to take a look around.

All I can say is wow! The pictures looking fantastic, you guys are very lucky.