« No really, I'm like Switzerland: On being Neutral through the SRC Elections | Main | SYDNEY UNI LIVE – Pick a Path!!! »

These 2 weeks have been hectic; between classes and assignments I am going crazy. But anyway, I’m here to study (at least I think so). I haven’t been up to many things these past few weeks besides studying. I went to Boston last weekend to visit my girlfriend who goes to MIT. Boston is one of the most European cities in the US, and probably one of the oldest. The city is famous because of having more than 100 colleges and universities, including world leading universities like MIT and Harvard.

PICT0596.JPG
MIT Dome...

I was in Boston last year too so I didn’t get to take many pictures. However, a new experience for me was the driving.

Boston is about 6 and a half hours away from Ithaca (5 of which are a straight drive along the I-90) so my friend and I decided to rent a car. Driving on the other side of the road is really fun, especially when you realize there’s something wrong with all the other people because they are going the wrong way.

PICT0652.JPG
One of Harvard's gates...

Another new thing for me was the skunks. Yes, skunks. Their scent is so strong that you can smell it more than a mile away with the windows closed (I am not exaggerating). The way speeding works in American highways is also interesting. The speed limit is 65 miles/h (105 km/h) but if you are driving in the slow lane (which is the right lane here) behind a car doing 80 miles/h (130 k/h) it’s all good. This works because of the basic principle of one cop not being able to stop two cars at the same time (and by the way a police car doing over 85 flew past us in one occasion). I reckon that famous Australian girl would get pinky finger cramps if she moved to America.

rta-pinky_thumbnail.jpg

Returning to the American wildlife, I saw a beaver yesterday in the middle of campus. Isn’t that amazing? I got scared because I thought it was a giant rat, but then I realized it was a beaver just as it went into its burrow.

Well that’s all for now but I’ll keep you updated with was happening over here. For those of you who were wondering what happened to the puppies, here’s a photo of one of them…they are one month old now!

perrito2.jpg

I laughed out loud re: the beaver on campus. I think I would have freaked out too.

Aww how cute is the puppy!